How to resolve care problems and issues for the elderly | ͵͵


Skip to content
Please donate

Problems with care

It’s vital that you’re comfortable with the care you receive and feel confident it’s right for you. If you're unhappy with the care you or your loved one is receiving, you can take action to fix it. 

We'll guide you through the process of resolving common problems with care, but if you or someone you know is experiencing neglect or abuse then it's important to take action as soon as possible. 

Contact your local council's safeguarding team – they have a duty to respond to concerns about abuse or neglect where necessary. You can also call the free and confidential helpline on 0808 808 8141

I have an issue with...

  • Care homes

    Do you have concerns about the cleanliness, quality of personal care or behaviour of staff at your care home? Read more.
  • NHS services

    You can make a complaint about any aspect of NHS care, treatment or services. This includes GP, hospital, pharmacy, ambulance or community health services.
  • Local council services

    You can complain about anything that your local council does if it directly affects your care.
  • Homecare providers

    You have a right to receive a certain standard of care and be treated in a professional and caring way.

Sometimes things can go wrong with care

Caroline Abrahams, ͵͵ Charity Director, explains what to do if you're worried about the standard of care you're receiving.

Phone icon We're here to help

We offer support through our free advice line on 0800 678 1602. Lines are open 8am-7pm, 365 days a year. We also have specialist advisers at over 120 local ͵͵s.

Become part of our story

Sign up today

Back to top